About Me

I am 28 year old mortgage broker, recently married to the greatest guy ever AND I am a huge foodie! My life is a zoo, literally - we own two dogs, two cats and a tank full of fish. Along with the pets, and work keeping us busy, both of us are avid Crossfitters and weightlifters. I started this blog to share my adventures in cooking paleo. There will be lots of experiments....some won't go well and others will be great! Hope you enjoy my adventures!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pork Chops and Pesto Mash

Sooo Finally a new post...it has been awhile, but I have settled into now working from home (which allows me to work in my Pj's and experiment with food!). 

We made a costco trip yesterday and bought these yummy, already seasoned pork chops.  They are HUGE!  One fills me up...sometimes I can't even finish one.  They are seasoned with a yummy of rub of chilli peppers, paprika and garlic - and they get packaged with a bit of rosemary. 

Since the snow is still covering my deck and I can't get to the BBQ, I whipped out the foreman grill, heated and tossed on the pork.  If you are in a rush, you can butterfly the meat to cook it faster.  But I like cooking it slow so the juices stay in.

While that was cooking I diced up some onions and mushrooms and sauteed in a tablespoon of coconut oil on a very low heat until brown and caramelized. 

I also had some cauliflower and parsnips steaming in the microwave....I try not to use the microwave alot when cooking, but I just wanted to get these veggies cooked without dirtying up to many more dishes! :)
For every cup of veggies I had a tablespoon of water for steaming.  Cooked for 5 mins, stired and then another 3 mins and they were perfect. 
I tossed the veg into the food processer with a teaspoon of butter, the liquid from steaming and I decided to try some pesto!  Sobeys makes this yummy simple pesto, so I put in 3 teaspoons of pesto and on went the processer.  I pulses until most of the lumps were gone (I like some lumps left in). 

Here was the end result. 
My hubby did not like the pesto mash....I loved it!  If you want to try, start with a small amount of pesto and then increase from there as you might only want a hint of the pesto or the full bam...your call :)
Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment