About Me

I am 28 year old mortgage broker, recently married to the greatest guy ever AND I am a huge foodie! My life is a zoo, literally - we own two dogs, two cats and a tank full of fish. Along with the pets, and work keeping us busy, both of us are avid Crossfitters and weightlifters. I started this blog to share my adventures in cooking paleo. There will be lots of experiments....some won't go well and others will be great! Hope you enjoy my adventures!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rouladen and Cabbage

So I was grocery shopping at Co-op the other day and I must say they have excellent cuts of meat there.
I stumbled across Rouladen (basically inside round steak cut in strips and flattened to about 1/4"). 
I wasn't sure what I was going to stuff in it until this morning......I had also bought some mild italian sausage meat.  Meat stuffed with Meat!  How can you go wrong?!?!?
This is what came of it.......


Rouladen (Inside Round Steak cut in Strips and Flattened to 1/4" thick
Mild Italian Sausage Meat
1 medium onion - diced
1 egg with 1tblsp of almond milk (for egg wash)
1/2 cup almond meal
Club House "Hot and Spicy" to season
Pepper to season

Mix diced onion and sausage meat together. 
Take small ball of mixture and place on one end of the rouladen.  Roll up to seal
Keep the roll up stuff with lots of meat....there may be extra, as I had some.  I just kept it for breakfast in the morning. 
Dip each rouladen in the egg wash and then coat in the almond meal (seasoned with the Hot and Spicy). 
No need to have a thick coating, just a thin even coat. 
Place in hot pan oiled with your favorite oil. 
Sear and crisp up all sides of the rouladen. 
When evenly seared, place in shallow baking dish for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. 
Depending on the thickness of your rouladen, you may have to cook longer. 

While this was cooking up, I steamed and sauteed some cabbage.....no seasoning needed. 

I really enjoyed this dish.  I am going to try different types of ground meat and veggies to stuff next time. 
Yummy~

No comments:

Post a Comment