About Me

I am 28 year old mortgage broker, recently married to the greatest guy ever AND I am a huge foodie! My life is a zoo, literally - we own two dogs, two cats and a tank full of fish. Along with the pets, and work keeping us busy, both of us are avid Crossfitters and weightlifters. I started this blog to share my adventures in cooking paleo. There will be lots of experiments....some won't go well and others will be great! Hope you enjoy my adventures!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cabbage and Beef

So, this is one of my favorite meals to make.  It is simple and yummy and reminds me of lazy cabbage rolls....which I am a huge sucker for. 
I only made a small batch tonight after my workout, but I usually make a huge pot and have leftovers for days.  This dish tastes super yummy the next day!

1/2 Head Cabbage
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
1 tsp of crushed garlic (more if you like garlic)
1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
Pepper to taste

Place cabbage in large frying pan or pot with 1/2 cup of water
Cover and steam for approx 5 mins or until cabbage is tender, but still has a bit of crunch
Add ground beef and garlic
Brown ground beef and garlic in pan
When beef is no longer pink, add the tomatoes and toss together. 
Season with pepper....salt is you must (I am not a salt fan)
Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!!

Now I have tried reversing the order of when I cook the cabbage and beef, but found I like this way best. 
Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. when i lived with crystal in the summer, she made this for me. Make sure you try it. Because it is excellent.... It tastes as good as it looks :)
    -Darci(Crystals sister)

    ReplyDelete