About Me

I am 28 year old mortgage broker, recently married to the greatest guy ever AND I am a huge foodie! My life is a zoo, literally - we own two dogs, two cats and a tank full of fish. Along with the pets, and work keeping us busy, both of us are avid Crossfitters and weightlifters. I started this blog to share my adventures in cooking paleo. There will be lots of experiments....some won't go well and others will be great! Hope you enjoy my adventures!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Breakfast....Muffins and Pork

After a sending the hubby off for hunting before the sun came up, going back to bed for a couple hours and a good walk at the park with the dogs....I was hungry!!
Yesterday while I was shopping at the Co-op I found side pork belly.  It was sliced into strips like bacon....I thought it would give me some variation from bacon. 
I put these in a frying on medium heat, sprinkled with some pepper, as I prepared the "muffins". 
Rather than scrambled eggs, or fried eggs, I made egg muffins. 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
I took whatever veg I had in my fridge (peppers, mushrooms, green onions and zuchinni ) and diced it up...ended up being 2 cups of veg.  Took the last 7 eggs and whisked together with a tablespoon of almond milk and seasoned with pepper. 
Grease the muffin tin with a bit of olive oil and fill cups until they are almost full. 
Cook in the oven for approx 15 -20 minutes.  Place knife in middle of muffin and if it comes out clean then the muffins are done.  If not toss in for an extra few minutes. 

The muffins and pork belly were delicious!!!   BUT word of warning....if you are squeamish of fat on meat (my husband) then the pork belly is not for you. 
Enjoy~~


No comments:

Post a Comment